The Mom Entrepreneur Blog Has Moved!

We are now using Wordpress. You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit http://themomentrepreneurblog.com and update your bookmarks.

The Mom Entrepreneur's goals for 2009

Sunday, January 4, 2009
Today is my birthday and the day has already presented a unique challenge. My Twitter account was hacked and sent a phishing message ("look at this funny blog") to all 850+ of my followers.

I have spent the last hour sending out apology messages through Twitter, I changed my password (as advised by Twitter) and alerted people to the mess it created.

On a positive note, I like to take this day to decide what my goals will be for the New Year. I guess I feel that if I call them goals and establish them on my birthday as opposed to calling them New Year's resolutions that I might stick to them longer.

Let's hope this year is different!

Following is a list of my personal and professional goals for 2009. This is also a glance at what I will be blogging about a lot in 2009.

Learn to eat healthy - I use to know how to do this. The holidays present all kinds of good food groups like sugar and fats however. At age 39, I need to be more conscious of what I eat and how much. No more cleaning my kids plates when they don't finish their food. Yes, moms...you know what I am talking about...I know I am not the only one who does this.

Currently, I am looking into the new Weight Watchers Momentum program. Weight Watchers has always worked for me in the past. My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I will keep you posted.

Establish a regular exercise routine - I love to exercise, but I always seem to find it hard to fit it into the day's schedule. We purchased a Will Fit Balance Board today and I have a gym membership. My goal is to exercise at least 30 minutes per day.

Continue to grow The Mom Entrepreneur - The company has been doing very well and I have received positive comments from moms all over the world. I know we are doing something right. StartupNation.com posted an article yesterday on 3 Demographic Trends for 2009. The #3 trend is moms.

There are 10.6 million women-owned businesses in the United States generating $2.5 trillion in annual revenue, according to the Center for Women’s Business Research. Women are starting businesses at nearly twice the rate of men. According to certain industry experts, 85 percent of these businesses are run by mothers.

We will continue to grow our Online Support Group to offer these mom entrepreneurs a place to network and find support from others. Membership continues to be free.

In 2009, we will add more co-op opportunities for members, host a teleseminar series, offer more sponsorship opportunities, start a local support group in New Hampshire, continue to build our free resource list, spponsor contests and give aways, and look for more ways to be a super support system for mom entrepreneurs.

Update my wardrobe - as I approach 40, I want to learn more about fashion. What clothes are best for my body shape and what colors and pattern combinations look good on me.

I am a fan of The Glam Girls Deborah Boland and JoJami Tyler who are image and style experts and authors of the Fabulous After 40 blog. They recently made The Mom Entrepreneur's Top Picks for 2008 list at #8. My goal is to connect with them to get a fashion make over.

I subscribe to their blog, which gives awesome style and fashion tips. If anyone can get me stylin' it is these ladies!

Travel more with the family - now that my kids are a bit older, we really enjoy traveling and exploring together. We plan to travel to Florida this year and possibly Arizona. We always travel to fun places in New Hampshire since we live here.

My goal is to locate family friendly spots throughout the U.S., travel to them with the family and blog about our adventures. We recently got a real good deal on airline tickets. I have also read that the cost of traveling this year may be very affordable. I will let you know what I learn from my research.

Well those are my goals for 2009. I know they may adjust slightly and I will probably add more goals as the year progresses. But at least it is a place to start.

Have you set your goals for 2009? I would love to hear what they are. Please share below.