The Mom Entrepreneur Blog Has Moved!

We are now using Wordpress. You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit http://themomentrepreneurblog.com and update your bookmarks.

Mom Bloggers be aware - new regulations coming for product endorsements

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I received a call on Monday from a reporter at NH Public Radio. She wanted my opinion about the newly proposed Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations for online product reviews by parents.

The reporter complimented me on being well versed on the subject. Honestly, I knew nothing about it when I received her call. I Googled the subject and absorbed everything I could about the topic before calling her back. I am confident I gave her some good sound bytes.

If this is a topic you are not familiar with, don't wait until the media calls before you learn more about it. This is something that every parent blogger should be aware of since it will affect how product reviews are handled in the future.

My opinion is that if you are an honest blogger and you remain transparent and candid with what you write then you have nothing to worry about.

Here are a few articles you should read:

What is your opinion about the FTC's proposed regulations? Are you worried?