The Mom Entrepreneur Blog Has Moved!

We are now using Wordpress. You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit http://themomentrepreneurblog.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday's episode of OPRAH reinforced how mom entrepreneurs need to get back to basics

Wednesday, June 10, 2009
I don't usually watch OPRAH because I don't have time. When working at home, I have to stay focused on getting work done.

But today the TV was on for the kids and when their show ended I switched over to OPRAH. Today's theme was spirituality 101 – and how being spiritual helps in your everyday life.

They featured many people, including a mom entrepreneur who felt her business was failing and that she may lose her house. She sounded desperate and very depressed.

Oprah and her other guests, advised this woman to choose one thing she had that she was thankful for. When the frustrated mom could not name anything, Oprah suggested "the ability to breathe".

I agree with Oprah. When things get really bad, you have to focus on the things you have and are thankful for. The woman did not tell her complete story, but she sounded like someone who needed to get back to basics and be grateful for the simple things in life.

I, along with many mom entrepreneurs in my online support group, have experienced desperate moments in business. After building my company 10 years ago on only $18.49, surviving the fallout of the economy after 911 and avoiding creditors garnishing my husbands wages for failure to pay credit card bills, which were used to fund the growth of the company, I have come to realize that I can face any obstacle head on.

This starts with a strong belief in yourself. This positive attitude and optimistic outlook will help you accomplish any goal you set.

This is why I love our June 17th teleseminar presenter Mike Michalowicz of The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur. He knows what it means to start a business with no money, overcome obstacles and employ boot-strapping techniques to grow multi-million dollar companies. His book The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur is raw and entertaining, and gives a clear picture of the stumbling blocks entrepreneurs encounter.

Mike will be discussing his 3 Sheet Strategy To Dramatic Business Growth (Especially in A Down Economy) on June 17th from 1:00pm - 2:15pm EST. This presentation is certain to reignite that entrepreneurial flame in anyone who is doubting their ability to run and grow a successful business.

I hope you will join us!