The Mom Entrepreneur Blog Has Moved!

We are now using Wordpress. You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit http://themomentrepreneurblog.com and update your bookmarks.

Stay away from these foods!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009
I love the Fabulous After 40! blog. Deborah Boland and JoJami Tyler (The Glam Gals) posts are always jam packed full of great information.

Today, I learned about the Top 10 List of Worst Foods.

Several weeks ago I joined Weight Watchers Momentum program. The trainer at each 30-minute, weekly session does a great job of educating members about different types of food. You really need to look closely at food labels when shopping. Turns a quick 15 minute trip into a one-hour educational shopping trip. But as a mom entrepreneur, who has the time. I wish I could afford a professional shopper/chef!

I have learned a lot by using Weight Watchers eTools. Their site is very educational and helps you to learn about certain foods and the best ways to prepare them. I have used many of their recipes. It is just a process of re-training your brain how to cook healthy.

Growing up, my grandparents fed my brother and I unhealthy snacks such as Twinkies, Coke and potato chips. We would eat while watching Lawrence Welk. Not the best memories!

My parents fed us Macaroni & Cheese, pot pies, tuna fish and peas on crackers, etc. Who knew?

I also like Kraftfoods.com. Their recipes are simple to follow and each contains the nutritional information. This makes it easy for me to evaluate how many Weight Watcher points it equals.

Kraftfoods.com will also email you free recipes weekly and they have their 1 Bag, 5 Dinner's program, which allows you to make five dinners from one bag of groceries. The recipes are easy to prepare and, best of all, Kraft gives you the recipes and the grocery list in an easy print out.

What resources do you use for educating yourself about foods and staying healthy?