The Mom Entrepreneur Blog Has Moved!

We are now using Wordpress. You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit http://themomentrepreneurblog.com and update your bookmarks.

My husband won't let me take my laptop...

Thursday, May 22, 2008
The holiday weekend is almost here and we are going camping near Squam Lake in NH. As much as I love camping with my family, I have a hard time being away from an Internet connection for that long. It is my IV therapy I guess. Is that sad or what? I have not yet purchased a BlackBerry (which is the device I am leaning towards) so I will be without email or an Internet connection for almost 72 hours.

As I continue to read through the 1,000+ tips from over 400 mom entrepreneurs who responded to my query on how to find some balance between work and life, I am finding a common theme. Many women have suggested creating quality time with the family that is free from all of the noise of our entrepreneur lives. This is such great advice. I was glad to see this as one of the most popular tips suggested by mom entrepreneurs. I agree that this is so important to do. My children are the most precious gift I have ever been given and I will never take this for granted.

Everyone is very excited for the weekend. My 3 1/2 year old can't wait to climb a mountain...even though he has never climbed one before. We will be with our extended family and the weather in that area is supposed to be beautiful everyday.

I wish you a happy holiday weekend and encourage you to spend quality time with your family. Get away from the hustle and bustle of your busy life and breathe. Enjoy!