The Mom Entrepreneur Blog Has Moved!

We are now using Wordpress. You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit http://themomentrepreneurblog.com and update your bookmarks.

Rude comments on blogs, appropriate or inappropriate, you be the judge

Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Currently we are running a contest on our blog where visitors are being asked to vote for their favorite mom entrepreneur company introduction. Pretty easy and straight forward right?

Wrong!

What started out as a harmless contest has now turned into a pissing match between one "voter", who left what several readers defined as a "rude" and "inappropriate" comment, and visitors to my blog.

OK, so let me bring you up to speed.

The instructions were simple: 1. read the 10 company introductions; 2. pick your favorite; and 3. leave a comment with the name of the company you vote for. I cannot make it any simpler.

So one woman decides she wants to be different, and instead she leaves a three sentence long negative comment about how one competitors product is nasty. She started her comment saying "eeeewwwwwww".

I have since removed the comment from my blog due to several requests from readers. I was also emailed by the woman who left the comment asking me to remove it because she was now receiving "hate mail".

So today, in a post on her blog, I find out she received one email from a woman named Karen. Now, I do not know who Karen is and I am not sure what she said so I have only heard one side of the story. Karen, if you are a subscriber of this blog, I welcome you to tell your side before I make a judgement call either way.

Sure, I believe in freedom of speech. And everyone, when it comes to this blog, has the ability to speak their mind. I do not moderate comments. I welcome feedback. However, if you are going to make rude remarks based solely on opinion, then those comments are not welcome on this blog. At least have the decency to be familiar with a product, better yet have tried it, before offering any negative feedback. I prefer comments to be based on fact.

To the blogger who feels she was so wronged because of her inappropriate comment left on this blog, I offer this advice, which I learned when I was young...if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Tell me honestly how you feel about this!