The Mom Entrepreneur Blog Has Moved!

We are now using Wordpress. You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit http://themomentrepreneurblog.com and update your bookmarks.

Tip for saving money on going out to eat

Saturday, March 28, 2009
I wanted to share with you a great site I have been using to purchase gift certificates for local restaurants. Occasionally you can purchase $25 gift certificates from Restaurant.com for only $3.00 each. I have done this three times now and find the savings are great especially in this economy when you still would like to go out and eat every now and then.

Today, I found an even better way to buy gift certificates at Restaurant.com. I signed up at Ebates.com, then purchased my gift certificates at Restaurant.com through Ebates.com and earned 15% back on my purchase. That makes the certificates about $2.55 each. Great deal! In addition, I received a $5 sign up bonus at Ebates.com.

The $3 for every $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate promo ends March 31st. Use code SAVE at checkout to get your discount.

So here is what you do to save:
  • Go to ebates.com using this link…> (sign up for free today - it only takes 15 seconds and you'll also get a $5 sign up bonus (I'll get one too!))
  • Search for Restaurant.com in their list of stores
  • When on the Restaurant.com site, enter your zip code to see what restaurants are in your area
  • Purchase the $25 gift certificates you want (pay attention to any special restrictions)
  • Enter code SAVE at check out
  • Print out your gift certificates
  • Pass along your Ebates.com savings idea to your network
If you have additional savings ideas, please share. I went to the grocery store today and saved $40 using coupon layering techniques that I have been learning. I was psyched.

For more savings ideas, I suggest subscribing to the following blogs: http://neverpayretailagain.blogspot.com/, www.consumerqueen.com, www.coupondivas.com/, http://www.shop4freebies.com (this one is great for freebies and samples – I have gotten dozens of great items in the past few weeks), and I recommend www.thecouponizer.com for storing all of you wonderful coupons!

Happy savings!